[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.revolution.lv || Xbox360, Playstation3, WiiU • View topic - Rantiņš par Microsoft un Xbox

Rantiņš par Microsoft un Xbox

Xbox 360 spēlētāju diskusiju vieta.

Moderator: agressor

Disfigurator

Rantiņš par Microsoft un Xbox

Postby Disfigurator » Jul 27th, '09, 18:44

I love my Xbox 360 just as much as I love my PlayStation 3. It's got a great library of games that I've invested a considerable amount of time and money into over the past few years, and it's a system that will likely still be serving me for some time to come.
That said, in a significant parallel to the PS3, my love for the system seems to come at an inverse proportion to my love for the company behind it. I am of course talking about Microsoft, otherwise known as the poster boy for corporate greed and everything that is wrong with America. Not my words, the words of other people ... probably.
Despite bringing out a good console that many true gamers have flocked to, Microsoft has also helped to ruin fun for everybody. Perhaps you don't believe me, and are preparing to call me a "bias troll that's trying to get fired" already, but please read the article before making your accusations.
Nobody ever asked Microsoft to get into the console gaming market. In fact, the company's motivation for doing so wasn't even out of demand, or necessity, or consideration for the market, but simply to try and stick it to Sony. The Xbox exists to stop the PlayStation brand from succeeding, and MS essentially stuck its big nose into an industry that it didn't really have any business getting involved with. Now that it's here, we have to deal with it, but unfortunately Microsoft brought a lot of baggage, especially with the current generation.
The most important bit of baggage is one we all know about by now, the fact that the Xbox 360 is a technical piece of shit, as far as hardware goes. Not even mentioning the red ring of death, the Xbox 360 is home to all manner of technical errors and random crashes. Every major update seems to bring with it a fresh slew of reports from gamers who now have a glorified brick sitting underneath their televisions. Be it red rings, E74 errors, or any other number of things that could go wrong, Xbox 360 ownership has been ruled by one dominant emotion -- fear.
I remember when game consoles were associated with fun. Back before systems tried to do more than just allow us to play our damn videogames. One feeling a console should never, ever evoke, however, is fear. People should not be afraid to turn their Xbox 360s on, faced with a grim inevitability that one day it just won't work anymore. However, this is the prevailing emotion that Microsoft has given to gamers. A dread feeling every time they turn on a 360 and feel that it's taking longer to switch on than usual. That timid wait for the blessed arrival of lights that flicker green instead of red. That horrible moment when a game just crashes while trying to load, and the scramble to reset the Xbox in the hopes that it switches on again.
Thanks for that, Microsoft! You have really made this generation a care-free and merry one! That alone really annoys me about MS' arrogant bull-in-a-china-shop stampede into the industry, but there's more. So much more.
We all know that publishers and platform holders don't give two square craps about videogames, but nobody seems to make it more obvious than Microsoft. The Xbox 360 platform apparently revels in its own greed, rubbing it in the faces of consumers. Nothing makes that more clear than the fact that Xbox Live is apparently ad supported, even though gamers are charged a subscription fee for the privilege of playing games online.
Far be it from me to tell a business how to run itself. I'm a Libertarian, and thus recognize that Microsoft has a right to charge what it wants, and put adverts wherever it pleases. However, I also have a right to say when a company is being a dick, and to note that just because someone has a right, that doesn't make what they're doing right. As a consumer, I am incredibly curious as to what it is that we're paying for, since Microsoft is raking it in from advertisers and sponsors, not to mention game and system sales, and all manner of microtransactions.
Speaking of microtransactions, why the fuck am I being expected to pay 240 Microsoft Points for a BioShock 2 theme on the Xbox 360, when the PlayStation Network is offering its own theme for absolutely bugger-all? The typical counter to such a complaint is, "If you don't like it, don't buy it," and trust me, I won't. However, it's a practical insult to the Xbox 360 install base to expect payment for that which is free on another system. I am gladly downloading the PS3 theme, but the 360 theme can go get fucked.
The whole "Premium Theme" garbage is disgusting anyway. The fact that Microsoft was charging for themes on the old dashboard, up to and including the time when they knew they'd be forcing us over to the New Xbox Experience, is absolutely despicable. People were ostensibly tricked into paying for something that was going to be obsolete within weeks, and Microsoft happily took the cash. Then when the NXE rolled around, the price for themes was changed from 160 Points to 250 Points. This isn't helped by the fact that NXE themes look like trash anyway.
Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if publishers had the freedom to make themes free, but they don't. When Jonathan Blow released a premium Braid theme, he revealed that Microsoft would not allow him to launch it without letting the 250 Point charge stand.
While we're talking about Braid, let's also mention Microsoft's decision to charge 1200 MS Points for the game, just because the publisher knew it could. In a manner similar to what Activision is doing with Modern Warfare 2 in the UK, Microsoft used the hype for Braid to test a new pricing precedent. A few games had been released for 1200 Points in the past on XBLA, but it was Braid that let Microsoft know they could get away with turning it into a regular price. Now nearly every top-tier XBLA game is expected to come out at 1200 Points, when once they were 800.
Part of the problem here, of course, rests on the shoulders of the consumer. Had we not basically told Microsoft that 1200 Points was acceptable, it wouldn't have happened, but unfortunately Microsoft now has carte blanche to invoke what I like to call a "hype tax" on its most high profile XBLA games. Even though consumers allowed it, there's still something offensive about a company rewarding gamers for their interest and loyalty by essentially holding a game they want to ransom.
Then there's just the general stupid shit Microsoft seems to enjoy doing. Like constantly trying to copy the Wii in a transparent and rather pathetic attempt to be as successful as Nintendo. Avatars that were shoved into Xbox Live, don't really do very much, yet still expect customers to pay for their stupid clothes. Nonsensical, barely-tested casual games like Lips that are given pride of place even though Microsoft's intended audience isn't paying attention. Don't even get me started on Project Natal, and the ludicrous amounts of bluster that MS is putting behind it. Microsoft has made it clear that it wants to be as mainstream as Nintendo, but has given no indication that it knows how to do it, instead trying to awkwardly reach out to a market Nintendo cornered, while alienating the market MS already has.
Please remember, this is not an indictment of the Xbox 360. I love the system. However, the Xbox 360 is kind of like a drunk driver getting into a horrible car crash, then pulling his passengers free of the wreckage and heroically saving their lives. Sure, they're incredibly grateful for the brave thing he did, but he shouldn't have been fucking drunk driving in the first place.
For all the good that the Xbox 360 has done, the harebrained men behind it have made sure that this generation for Xbox fans is a generation overshadowed by fear, disappointment and getting royally fucked in the ass.
The sad thing is ... it's really working out well for them.

Article:
http://www.destructoid.com/how-microsof ... 1220.phtml
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackbird

Re: Rantiņš par Microsoft un Xbox

Postby Blackbird » Jul 27th, '09, 21:58

microsoft, protams, jāj visus pakaļā ar savām cenām (runājot par bildītēm un premium tēmām), taču viņiem ir visas tiesības to darīt un es viņus nevainoju.īpaši gŗuti ir mums - tiem, kas dzīvo valstī, kurai nav Xbox Live atbalsta. pirkt punktus un zelta biedrības ir pain in the ass + mums sanāk dārgāk. vēl mēs nedrīkstam lejuplādēt visādus map pack'us un DLC, jo visvarenā saurona acs redz, ka mūsu lokācijā nav Live, neskatoties uz to, ka mēs esam reģistrējuši civilizētu valstu adreses. tas ir nepatīkami, bet ar to ir jāsamierinās, vai arī jāpārvācās uz normālām valstīm.
xbox ir šudīgs dzelzis, par kuru ir jāuztraucas un jābaidās par kastes tehnisko stāvoklī (īpaši mums - Live neiekļautajām valstīm). šeit es pilnīgi piekrītu raksta autoram un pats citā forumā par to biju runājis. mans PS2 ir sveiks un vesels jau devīto savas dzīves gadu un nekad nav bijis remontēts (pat nav īpaši rūpīgi kopts). sūda xbox pat pusgadu neizturēja, bet es viņam biju sameklējis vispiemērotāko tam vietu mājā un ļoti rūpīgi kopu. sūdīga sistēma ar labām spēlēm un apmierinošu servisu.

Disfigurator

Postby Disfigurator » Jul 27th, '09, 23:26

Tad jau jāpiekrīt raksta autoram, jo ĻOTI liela geimeru daļa sēž uz Microsoft platformām un ļauj sevi, runājot sev tikāmiem autora vārdiem, drāzt dirsā un iztukšot pat zarnu saturu, iekasējot maksu par pilnīgi visu.

Kā ar PlayStation Online servisu? Par to nav jāmaksā, tamdēļ Latvijā tam vajadzētu būt tikpat pieejamam, cik iekš UK un US, taču neesmu pētījis.

kaarliitys

Postby kaarliitys » Jul 28th, '09, 01:05

Neko jaunu neizlasīju - visi zinām par katras konsoles plusiem un mīnusiem. Raksta autors gan aizmirst piebilst tādu mazmazītiņu aspektu kā konsoles cena, kas daudziem single-player fanātiem ir svarīgākais, online servisa kvalitāte, kā arī nesaskatu neko ļaunu tajā, ka MS cenšas atgūt daļu no Nintendo kazuāļu pīrāga. Tā darbojas brīvā tirgus ekonomika, geez...

Būtībā vispārinošs teksta blāķis, kam vieta piederētos iekš offtopic.

Disfigurator

Postby Disfigurator » Jul 28th, '09, 02:43

Cena? Vai tik beigās neiznāk dārgs ķieģelis?

Un vispārinājumi/apkopojumi/konspekti arīdzan ir laba lieta!

Vis

Postby Vis » Jul 28th, '09, 07:14

oskarszale

Postby oskarszale » Jul 28th, '09, 17:54

PS3 80 GB - 234 LVL un viss, stepsele ieksaa un spelee!
Xbox 360 Elite - 219 LVL + Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter 53 LVL + Xbox LIve 12 men. 26.99 £(http://www.xboxliveuk76.com/)= 298.99LVL
cenas samekleju Latvijas internetveikalos, iznemot LIVE koda cenu, bet pounds apmeram tas pats kas lats, laikam vel letaks.
Pleisis letaks! WOW :D
pats esmu lepns xbox 360 ipasnieks 8-)

Vis

Postby Vis » Jul 28th, '09, 23:14

lūdzu, PS3 par 420 Ls

kādam ir vēl kādi muļķīgi salīdzinājumi?

Disfigurator

Postby Disfigurator » Jul 29th, '09, 02:22

Muļķīgi salīdzinājumi? Nav, bet demagoģija gan Tev ir. Nav māksla paņemt dārgāko piedāvājumu un likt kā etalonu. Māksla ir ievadīt meklējamo iekš salidzini.lv, kur PS3 80GB IR par augstāk minēto cenu.

Vis

Postby Vis » Jul 29th, '09, 09:30

kaarliitys

Postby kaarliitys » Jul 29th, '09, 09:40

DSguru

Postby DSguru » Jul 29th, '09, 10:29

Es 360 nepirktu pat tad, ja tas maksātu mazāk par simt latiem, jo man tas nav vajadzīgs un nepatīk .
Tiem, kas grib spēlēt onlainā, pirkt PS3 ir izdevīgāk, bet, ja tiešsaistes režīms ir "zem anālās atveres", var nopirkt 360 par 130Ls, uzlikt čipu vai pārprogrammēt un spēlēt laimīgi [tas ir, līdz salūzt :lol: ]. Megakorporācijas no tā tāpat ne sūda necietīs, jo miljonus varēs slaukt (un ieguldīt eigēnikā) no tiem, kas maksā par Xbox Live.

Vis

Postby Vis » Jul 29th, '09, 13:17

:) vēl tikai trūkst visus nosūtīt skatīties Zeitgeist

kaarliitys

Postby kaarliitys » Jul 29th, '09, 14:08

Vis

Postby Vis » Jul 29th, '09, 15:00

Zeitgeist Xboxum :)

games are evil, run for your lives :)

DSguru

Postby DSguru » Jul 29th, '09, 15:29

Tieši tāda reakcija, kādu gaidīju. Daudziem šķiet, ka viss, kas ir pretējs tam, kam viņi tic, ir kaut kāda bullshit citplanētiešu sazvērestību teorija pat par spīti tam, ka tas ir pierādāms. Viņi nespēj samierināties ar skarbo realitāti, tāpēc to visu noraida, tā vietā rijot tos safabricētos sūdus, ko dod masu mediji, farmaceitiskā industrija, izglītības sistēma, baznīca u.c institūcijas.
Noskatieties "Zeitgeist"? Nē, izdariet paši savus pētījumus, veidojiet savu viedokli nevis paņemiet no citiem! Bet, protams, kurš tad to darīs, ja esam pieraduši visu informāciju saņemt kā uz paplātes? Tā vietā turpināsim finansēt korporācijas, kas mūs galu galā nospiedīs, jo vienai aitai sekot otrai taču ir vienkārši, vai ne? ;)

kaarliitys

Postby kaarliitys » Jul 29th, '09, 15:44

Disfigurator

Postby Disfigurator » Jul 29th, '09, 16:06

Es atkal domāju, ka stulbi būtu atbalstīt dzelžus, kuri katrā brīdī var beigties.

Turklāt autoram taisnība - nebija tirgū vakuuma pēc spēlēm un jaunas platformas. Bija spēcīgi dzelži, kas apmierināja prasības (PC, Nintendo, PlayStation). Tad nāca Xkaste un paņēma jau aizņemtu tirgus daļu (radot dzelžus ar līdzīgu kapacitāti un spēļu bibliotēku - jau aizņemtas lietas) - PC un PS spēles. To, manuprāt, var skatīt kā iešanu tirgū nevis pieprasījuma, bet pārpirkšanas/peļņas motivēti. Neesmu sazvērestības teorijas piekritējs, taču šādi tas izskatās. Un galvenā raksta autora doma ir, ka xkastes dzelži ir sūdīgi un tā ir objektīva patiesība, nevis biased shit.

Vis

Postby Vis » Jul 29th, '09, 16:14

scoux

Postby scoux » Jul 29th, '09, 16:22

Nu ppc. Tagad katru jaunu tirgus dalībnieka veiksmes gājienu mēs nosauksim par daļu no sazvērestības teorijas? Pircējs pērk to, kas viņam patīk un šķiet pieņemams, un ja nebūtu pieprasījuma, tad nebūtu ne xbox, ne ps3 ne pc spēlīšu. Un konkurence ir tikai veselīga tehnoloģiskajai un ekonomiskajai izaugsmei (lai gan tehnoloģiski esam pēdējā desmitgadē kaut kā iebremzējuši). Un lieki runāt par kaut kādām dlc un citu spēļu konkrētu iznākšanu uz vienas konsoles, jo acīmredzot tirgū tieši tur arī ir noiets. Pāris tūkstoši vaidētāju un klaigātāju internetā ir sūds uz maza kociņa salīdzinājumā pret tiem, kas jūtās ļoti apmierināti ar savu izvēli. Uzskatu, ka viss šitais ir tīra mēles kulšana, ko kāds aiz gara laika ir uzbliezis.
Nemuldi.

DSguru

Postby DSguru » Jul 29th, '09, 17:19

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Jul 29th, '09, 21:52

Return to Microsoft Xbox 360